2.4
Style and Design

Update by user Mar 26

It's been several weeks now and even though I had received apologies from WSJ management about the delay and their excuse as to why I never received the free gift, I have yet to receive it.I got an email from a woman named Stephanie who apologized several times and tried to reassure me that the gift would be mailed to me by next week and now it is over three weeks and still nothing.

I emailed them again last Wed/Thurs and to date, no one has been in contact with me. I enjoy reading the paper but I will never renew my subscription or believe what they tell me. I hope everyone out there reads this and complains about their advertising and their horrible customer service dept. How can a company hire people who can't speak English for their customer service?

You may as well tell your readers that there is no customer service dept. because they can't help you because they can't speak English and they don't know how to troubleshoot problems.

To avoid this, buy the paper at the store, don't believe them when they tell you you will receive a gift for subscribing to their paper as this is a BOLD FACE LIE and don't bother calling customer service because that dept.does not exist in the United States.

Update by user Feb 28

The advertising was originated from Dow Jones & Company.200 Burnett Rd., Chicopee, MA.

I had to look up their phone number and call them and explained how useless the wsj customer service is and no one could help me.

The customer service reps, from the Philipines, with extremely heavy accents, read from scripts and could not go beyond that.I have been getting the run around for 3 months and no resolution yet.

Original review posted by user Feb 23

I never received the free gift that was offered to all new subscribers back in Nov 2016.It is now the end of Feb 2017 and several calls made to customer service ended up not going anywhere.

the customer service agents are located overseas in the Philipines and they refuse to give me the US phone number or a phone number to the Fulfillment team or upper management. I have called several times and am getting the "run around". I told them I will be contacting the Consumer Affairs and file a complaint, which I will be doing. I want to let other people know that the wsj is committing fraud by promising a free gift for signing up and then not receiving it.

All I hear are excuses for the overseas customer service people.What kind of country are we living in???

Review about: The Wall Street Journal Free Notebook Deal.

Reason of review: never received free gift.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Overseas customer service reps, Not getting what you were promised, Shortage of delivery personnel, Calling to complain about delivery service.

Had an Experience with The Wall Street Journal?

Comments